Permanent Solution for Missing Tooth With Dental Implants
Posted by SMILE MAKERS DENTAL on Nov 1 2021, 06:22 AM
Dental implants are mounted in the jaw or skull to serve as an orthodontic anchor or support for dental prostheses such as crowns, bridges, dentures, or facial prostheses. Dentists have made great strides in dental care, but millions of people still lose their teeth to tooth decay, periodontal disease, or trauma. Bridges and dentures were the only dental treatment options available for many years.
Smile Makers Dental Care, Concord, offers advanced dental implant placement procedures. Call us at (925) 6859339 for more details.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
A dental implant is a surgically placed metal post that provides a strong foundation for a fixed (permanent) or removable replacement tooth. The implanted tooth roots are made of titanium and are designed to work and feel just like natural tooth roots.
Dental Implants: What Are Their Advantages?
Among the many advantages of dental implants are:
- Implants are a long-term solution for replacing missing teeth, and they resemble your teeth by looking, feeling, and acting just like natural teeth.
- Improving your speech while you speak is easy with dental implants. When mumbling or slurring, your words are caused by loose dentures. You can talk without any concern.
- Due to their integration into your body, implants reduce or eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- A dental implant works like a natural tooth so that you can eat your favorite foods with no pain or difficulty. With dentures that slide, you might find it challenging to chew; with implants, you can chew food confidently.
- Dental implants can help you regain your self-confidence by restoring your smile.
- Implants have several advantages over bridges, such as improved oral health. Because other teeth are not reduced to support the implant, your teeth remain intact, resulting in a healthier mouth in the long run. By enabling easier brushing and flossing between teeth, implants also improve oral hygiene.
- The durability of implants is excellent, and many can last for a lifetime with the appropriate care.
- Placing dental implants eliminates the embarrassing inconvenience of taking out dentures, as well as sticking them in place with messy adhesives.
What Is the Success Rate of Dental Implants?
The success of dental implants varies depending on where they are placed in the jaw. But on average, implants have a success rate between 98 and 99 percent. The life expectancy of implants is relatively high with proper care.
Do Dental Implant Procedures Hurt?
Patients who have received dental implants say that the procedure is not painful. Local anesthesia is administered during the procedure, making the placement of implants typically less painful than tooth extractions.
For more information about dental implants procedure and booking appointments, call us at (925) 6859339. You can also book online or visit us directly at 901 Sunvalley Blvd. Suite 240, Concord 94520.