Everyone likes to have that shiny Hollywood smile. Don’t you? However, due to excessive indulgence in junk food and an unhealthy lifestyle, not everyone has naturally sparkling teeth. Even celebrities are no exception, and many of them opt for dental makeovers to get that stunning smile.
Similarly, you can also opt for such dental makeovers and get your perfect smile in no time. One of the time-saving makeovers includes veneers. Continue reading and know everything about aesthetics and veneers!
Purpose of veneers
To hide the flaws and little imperfections of teeth, dental veneers are used. They improve the overall look of your smile and help boost your confidence. They are an easy solution for several aesthetic issues.
Veneers are generally preferred by people who have stained, chipped, broken or slightly misaligned teeth. You can also use them to fill a gap or two in between teeth.
How are veneers placed?
During the first consultation, the dentist will take an impression of your teeth. Also, the shade of veneer is decided so that it could match your natural teeth. This tooth impression will be sent to a dental lab to make customized porcelain veneers that fit your teeth.
Since it will take a week or two to get them, you have to use a temporary veneer in the meantime. At the next visit, the veneers are bonded on the teeth using dental cement. The dentist will use UV light to harden the cement quickly.
Types of Veneers
There are two main types of veneers:
- If your teeth have very few imperfections, then you can opt for composite veneers.
- They can be manufactured right on the premises by the dentist and applied directly to the teeth.
- They require a single visit to the dentist.
- Your teeth need no healing time.
Benefits of composite veneers:
- Several teeth can be repaired in a single visit.
- They are cost-effective and last for years.
- Need little or no time in repairing.
- The purpose of porcelain veneers remains the same as composite veneers.
- However, these are manufactured in a laboratory.
- They are mounted on your natural teeth to hide any flaws.
If you opt for porcelain veneers, you would be visiting the dentist twice – first, to get the measurements of your teeth, and in the second visit, you will get them fixed.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Looks like natural teeth.
- Longer-lasting than composite veneers.
- If maintained sensibly, they can last for a longer time.
Get your Hollywood smile and shine like a rockstar among friends and family.
Please reach out to Smile Makers Dental to schedule a consultation with our dentist, and we’ll guide you further. Please call Dentist in Concord CAat (925) 685-9339 or reach us through online consultation.